We are COVID-19 Aware >

Emergencies WITHIN THE HOUR*

Give our

trusted techs a call

................

Emergencies WITHIN THE HOUR*

Knowledge HUB

Mother hospitalised last week due to a massive carbon monoxide leak.

Aug 20, 2021

Mother hospitalised last week due to a massive carbon monoxide leak.

Mother hospitalised last week due to a massive carbon monoxide leak.

Sharpe Gas Technicians were called to property in Adelaide after a mother was found by her daughter lying unconscious in their living room. The mother had to be hospitalised with severe Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

Our technicians determined the culprit to be a faulty gas heater flue. An unlicensed gas-fitter had installed a flue that was both an incorrect type and far too small. This allowed rust to form inside, resulting in a number of blockages.

Airflow restrictions like this are a primary cause of carbon monoxide production. Natural Gas in the wrong hands can be highly dangerous.

Any gas work should be conducted by a Licensed Gas Technician.

Always use a Licensed Gas Technician

Choosing a Gas Repair company that is a member of Master Plumbers of South Australia is a vital decision, ensuring that you receive the highest level of service. If a Gas Tech does not have a Master Plumbers accreditation, then they should not get your money. Using an unlicensed Gas technician is extremely unsafe, more so, deadly!

Related Articles

Sharpe Services' fully stocked plumbing, electrical, gas, air conditioning and solar vans

SERVICE • REPAIR • UPGRADE • SUPPLY & INSTALL

Emergencies 24/7

Electricians & Plumbers

Services, Repairs & Installs
Articles & Testimonials