Gas Plumbers in Adelaide >
Gas Log Fires
Gas Log Fires supply, install and service:
Sharpe Services offer the complete Gas Log Fire solution from servicing, repairs, and maintenance of gas log fires, to the supply and install of new gas log fires in Adelaide homes and offices.
All our advice and work done on gas log fires is conducted by our certified and experienced gas fitters to ensure that your system operates efficiently and safely.
Gas log fires offer all the ambiance and warmth of a real, wood-burning fire without the mess and maintenance. Although they look like real wood, gas logs are usually made of ceramic, which enables them to withstand high temperatures.
Sharpe Services is available now to supply, install, and service a gas log fire in your home and office.
We are Master Plumbers in Adelaide.
The Master Plumbers Association of South Australia Inc is a Membership Association, Group Training Company and a Registered Training Organisation based in South Australia, to promote the on-going protection of community, health and safety through the provision of quality plumbing services.
Gas Log Fires Adelaide
How do gas log fire heaters work?
Gas log fire heaters are available in two different fuel types: liquid propane and natural gas. Liquid propane gas log fires burn at a much hotter temperature compared to natural gas log fires and require a liquid propane tank to operate. Natural gas log fire places are connected to a natural gas line, making them an option for many homeowners who already rely on natural gas appliances.
Gas log fire installation?
Regulations requires that a qualified gas fitter install, service and repair gas log fire places and any other gas appliances and lines in your home or office. Sharpe Services offer scheduled servicing, maintenance, repairs and installation of gas log heaters. All gas works are conducted by experienced fully licensed gas fitters, which are available in all Adelaide suburbs. We are also positioned to offer emergency gas services Within the Hour!
Gas Log Fire Heater Service
It is recommended that gas log fire heaters be serviced annually, preferably before winter, to improve the safety of the system, your family and your home. Sharpe Services offer a comprehensive scheduled Gas Heater Service, which includes gas log fire heaters done by certified gas plumbers.
Sharpe Services are able to pick up any problem before they become an issue and ensure your gas heater will be working in the long-term. When you service your gas log fire, you’re preventing hazard gas leaks and carbon monoxide from hurting your family and damaging your home.
6 things to consider when choosing a gas log Fireplace
1. Determine what you are wanting to achieve. – Heating or aesthetics, or both? Different gas log fireplaces will have different capabilities and knowing whether you want a unit that can provide efficient heating without the need for any secondary devices or a unit that looks the part, can help narrow down your choices.
2. Vented or unvented – When choosing a gas log fireplace, you’ll need to consider your current house set up and whether or not you’ll need a vented or unvented unit. Vented gas log fireplace are vented through a pipe directly out the wall or existing chimney of the home, removing all fumes from the house. Ventless fireplaces do not need require a vent or chimney and instead use a system similar to a gas stove, releasing all their heat directly while keeping carbon monoxide levels down.
3. What’s your fuel source? If you’ve got natural gas connected already, you’ll be well set up to install a fire run by natural gas. If not, you may need to consider an alternate fuel source.
4. What style of fireplace floats your boat? Inbuilt, freestanding or built into an existing fireplace? There are a range of different models of gas log fireplace available and choosing one can be tricky. Knowing what style is going to suit your home best will help you narrow down the choices.
5. How big is the space you need to heat? A smaller, contained room is going to require a much smaller heater than a larger, open plan area. It’s important to measure up before hitting the shops so that you find a unit to best suit your heating needs.
6. What features would you like? Gas log fires offer a range of features from basic functionality to advanced control features for optimal efficiency and home comfort. Timers, Bluetooth connectivity, remote functionality, and a range of aesthetic choices abound.
It is important that your options are taken into consideration and analysed by an industry expert to determine the correct system is installed that will cater to your requirements and be energy efficient. For more Advice, call Sharpe Services, our experienced gas fitters will ensure that you get the right system for your home
Sharpe Services offer professional and experienced advice to ensure that you receive the correct information so that you get the correct system to complement your home or office.
TYPES of Gas Log Fires
Inbuilt Gas Log Fire
As the name implies, they are built into the wall. Inbuilt units are typically placed within a false wall. A professional gas fitter simply installs a metal flue through the roof. Apart from its heating capabilities, inbuilt gas fireplaces behave like statement pieces, visually encapsulating, and a wonderful gathering place for your family and guests.
Freestanding Gas Log Fire
Freestanding gas fireplaces or freestanding gas stoves are a low-maintenance, energy-efficient way to heat your home. Freestanding gas stoves can be vented through existing chimneys, through the roof with new venting, or out of the wall in direct vent fashion. These stoves are extremely useful for heating in many different areas of the home.
Gas Log Fireplaces
A gas log fireplace is actually a great, energy-efficient way to heat your home. You can turn down the thermostat, and turn up the heat! In the fireplace, that is. By leveraging the power of your gas fireplace to heat up the room you’re in, you’ll be saving money on your energy bill. Traditional fireplaces, of course, need a chimney. But a gas fireplace doesn’t need a chimney. It relies on vents to carry by products out of the home.
You can trust Sharpe Services for reliable advice and services from accredited Gas Heating Expert who strive to be the best in what they do. Find a Gas Heating technician with Sharpe Services which is closer in distance and can be with you as soon as possible.
It is important to get hold of a Gas Heating technician when in doubt of a gas heating issue. Call Sharpe Services at 131 750 for guidance until support arrives, or complete our online booking request today.
Licenced Gas Plumber with the best tools and equipment
We only employ fully trained Master Plumbers and we are a member of the Master Plumbers Association. Our gas plumbers drive fully-stocked service vehicles with the full range of common stock items as well as gas leak detection and repair equipment. Our plumbers specialise in all home and office plumbing and gas requirements to deal with blocked drains, burst pipes, install and repair of tap and all your hot water requirements.
Service Within the Hour
When life throws you a Gas Emergency, (View SA Gov Gas Leak procedures) call Sharpe Services on 08 7150 1621, our certified Gas plumbers can be there Within the Hour. With 30+ fully equipped vans located across Adelaide, we’re ready to detect and repair any Gas Leaks and improve your home's gas safety in your home or office.
Friendly Local Plumbers
Our Local Emergency Gas Plumbers are genuinely friendly people who care. They do the job properly, are informative and clean up before they leave, all with a smile on their face.
You are our lifeblood and we strive to keep you happy!
Sharpe Services is industry leaders. We are accredited, insured and trusted advisors when it comes to your property. With the best-certified tradesman backed by the top lifetime Guarantee, which fully covers all labour beyond the standard 1-year guarantee.
With over 40 years in the industry and 30+ vans located across Adelaide, we’re here for the long run. We employ fully trained & licenced tradesmen Solar Electricians, Air Conditioning Techs, Plumbers, Gas Fitters, Electricians and Data Cablers, and ensure that they receive continuous training to keep them up to regulations and standards, ensuring you receive only the best.