Birds strip out wiring
Have you heard rustling above the ceiling or in the walls of your house lately? It could be the sounds of an invasion of wildlife.
Birds, rats and possums are experts at getting into confined, hard-to-access places and causing havoc by chewing through electrical cabling as they set up home.
Sharpe Services techs get regular emergency callouts to households that have experienced a sudden blackout when this happens.
This time a family suffered a total power loss to their kitchen area.
Sharpe’s tech traced the problem to wiring above the kitchen and in the wall cavity that had been stripped by birds.
Carefully accessing the affected areas, our experienced electrician soon had the household safe and sound again. Sharpe techs are experts in repairing electrical damage with minimal disturbance to walls and ceilings. They take pride in undertaking this work in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
By law, only fully certified and insured electricians are allowed to test switchboards and electrical circuits.
Home-handy-types should never attempt to work on household electrics as it could have disastrous results both for them and the occupants of the building.
Simply call Sharpe and our techs will be straight around to sort things out.
If your household electrics fail call Sharpe Services any time of the day or night.
Our techs can be there “within the hour” to restore power and ensure your switchboard and associated electrics are safe and legal.